March for Babies

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Dear Dr. Google,

My child has been referred to a neurologist to be tested for Cerebral Palsy. Please advise. I know nothing.

Telling myself not to worry isn't working either. I know it would be a slight case IF she even has it, I am concerned about a *LABEL* and what that could mean for her. At the same time, having that label could help provide services she could use, like physical therapy. I know my kid will never be normal but adding things to her LONG and SPECIFIC medical history is not on my list of things to do.

Crap.

3 comments:

Thalia said...

Given it is mild i think a label can only be a good thing as you say, as it will enable her to get the right support. It's clearly not affecting her too much, and it's not a degenerative condition so it's not something to be scared of. With support she will get where she needs to go.

DeadBug said...

Nothing useful to add, as I know nothing of value about cerebral palsy, but I do want you to know that I'm thinking of you and hoping that this label, if it fits, is an unequivocal positive for her.

VHMPrincess said...

Thinking of you, waiting for updates.