- Help husband and friend strip awnings and all gold aluminum siding off of house. (New Dusty Blue Vinyl Siding will be installed by professionals sometime in the next two weeks.)
- Duck and run from bees, wasps and assorted other flying insects that live beneath above mentioned siding.
- Make several trips to Sam's Club to buy more wasp and hornet killer in the 4 pack for $10.
- Go to the gym. (I was complimented on our dedication to the gym by the membership manager yesterday.)
- Go tanning. (I am no longer a splotchy pink and white color, now I am a rich golden splotchy color.)
- Shop with husband for dress clothes to wear at wedding in Seattle next weekend.
- Figure out how to contact bf (the bride, already in Seattle but God only knows where) to get shoe sizes of other girls so I can buy shoes for the three of us.
- Knit my little heart out or I will not get my poncho finished on time to wear it in Seattle next weekend.
- Pay bills.
- FREAK OUT that the wedding in Seattle is NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!
- DRINK MYSELF SILLY AND REMIND MYSELF WE ARE NOT TRYING THIS MONTH SO THAT WE CAN GET ALL THIS SHIT OUT OF THE WAY SO WE CAN RELAX ALREADY! (While ignoring the twinges I keep feeling in the ovarian area.)
Friday, July 29, 2005
Monday, July 25, 2005
Friday, July 22, 2005
This explains why I am sitting here (knot nitting) writing this (slowly since I have to correct every other word) instead of knitting my heart out to get my new poncho finished in time to wear at my friend’s rehearsal dinner in
1) After two beers and 1 and 5/7ths gin martinis with two olives (each) and a little dirt (dirt=olive juice for the uninformed) I am feeling pretty good about life…except that part where everyone else gets a baby but me.
2) Um… what?
3) Oh yeah, I am loading audio books from the library (read: FREE) onto my new iPod (20GB with a cull-folor…whoops, full-color screen which can show slide shoes of my pictures as well as play my mooooooosik.)
What am I loading?
Audio books! Duh! Don’t you people listen? Um, I mean, READ?
Anyway, so I have three books here which I have not read/listened to yet. They are…in no particular order:
1) Ya-Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells (Prequel I believe to Tiny Alters Everywhere)
3) Morality for Beautiful Girls by Alexander McCall Smith (Author of The #1 Ladies Detective Agency which is a MUST READ)
Look at me…skunk as a drunk and lill stalking literature.
RIGHT! … SO!
Did I have a point? Probably not. Stay tuned … in our next episode our heroine is Still NOT PREGNANT.
Now a word from our sponsors, Gin, Vermouth, Pimento Stuffed Green Olives and Glass Chilled in the Freezer!