March for Babies

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Humble and Grateful

I just found out that yet another co-worker has cancer. Well, this makes two co-workers who have cancer and another one whose spouse has it. It is a blow to the company which is small, only about 30 employees in all. Does this mean that 1 in 10 people develope cancer? Scary. I am not sad really, more grateful for what I have in my life and glad that despite my struggles which seem so huge sometimes that I am basically healthy.

Grateful for:

T, the most amazing person I have ever known.

My two best friends who are the closest things to sisters I have, I love them both.

My dog Maggie who brings me joy on a daily basis, even when she is being a pain in the butt.

I have job security. (Even more so now apparently)

I have a roof over my head and my own car.

Literacy, I don't know what I would do if I couldn't read.

Honey Roasted Peanut PayDay candie bars. (I know they are not on my diet, shut up!)

The internet.

So many other things I don't have time to list them right now.

No comments: