March for Babies

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It is a List Day

Songs that make me cry:

Goovy Kind of Love, Phil Collins – T and I skated to this at an 8th grade skating party.

Always, Bon Jovi – The phrase “forever and a day” just gets me.

Christmas Shoes, NewSong – No explanation necessary.

Live Like You Were Dyin’, Tim McGraw – Tim lost his own father and thinking of T losing his father and the thought of either one of us losing the other is just too much.

Bang a Drum, Jon Bon Jovi – I want this played at my funeral.



Movies that make me cry:

Life is Beautiful, Roberto Benigni - The love this man showed for his son is just …just…*sob*

Forrest Gump, Robert Zemeckis, Tom Hanks, Robin Wright (Penn) – When he’s talking to Jenny by the tree and he brought her letter from little Forrest. (The song “I’m Forrest…Forrest Gump” was my wedding march. It is the song at the very beginning of the movie when the feather falls at his foot.)

Always, Steven Spielberg, Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter, John Goodman – Life goes on after the love of your life dies? I didn’t think that was possible.

Ghost, Jerry Zucker, Demi Moore, Patrick Swayze, Whoopie Goldberg – At the end when he says “The love inside, you take it with you.”



Movies that make me laugh:

The Ref, Ted Demme, Denis Leary, Judy Davis, Kevin Spacey – “You know what this family needs? A mute!” Watch it every Christmas, without fail.

Steel Magnolias, Herbert Ross, Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Julia Roberts, Daryl Hannah, Shirley MaClaine, Olympia Dukakis – “Boys, don’t dress your sister’s car up in condoms! It’s tacky!”

Moonstruck, Norman Jewison, Cher, Nicholas Cage, Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello – “I’m so confused” the grandfather says as he cries into his napkin.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Joel Zwick, Nia Vardalos, John Corbett – “I put some Windex on it.”

The Princess Bride, William Goldman, Robin Wright (Penn), Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkon, Wallace Shawn, Andre the Giant – Who can pick a quote, there are so many.



Books I read over and over:

The Green Mile, Stephen King – The movie DID do it justice, the books are fantastic. Read them in the separately published editions to add to the suspense.

The Chronicles of Narnia, CS Lewis – Childhood favorites, always a good read.

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, Barbara Robinson – One word, SHAZAAM!!!

It, Stephen King – I love when King writes about kids. He make me want to hop on my bike and go exploring with my friends.


So what are your favorites? (Shameless attempt at increasing comments.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't re-read books. I already know the end. I can watch movies over and over again, but just not books. Weird, I know. Anyway, movies that make me cry:

Stepmom - The bar scene..."And I'm afraid she won't"

Bridges of Madison County. I sobbed so hard at this movie I couldn't watch it again. Haven't since.

City of Angels. Another one I can't watch.

Sandy said...

I just watched The 5 People You Meet In Heaven on the weekend and was doing the hiccup snort sob. Attractive. I love Steel Magnolias - one of my very favourite movies!

JenP said...

Songa that make me cry:

Wind Beneath my Wings -- Bette Midler
I'll be home for Christmas

Can't really think of any others

Movies that make me cry:

Beaches
Life is Beautiful
Ghost
There was a cancer type movie with Julia Roberts, maybe? It was sooo sad.
To Gillian on her 37th birthday
My Life as a House

I tend to avoid the sad movies!

Movies that make me laugh:

Liar, Liar
Billy Madison
Black Sheep
Anything really with Chris Farley, David Spade or Adam Sandler

Books I read over and over:

Anthem
1984
Brave New World
Animal Farm

Haven't really got into lighter books.