March for Babies

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Holiday Scmoliday

Yesterday was a holiday here in the States.  Labor Day.  A time to reflect on the horrid working conditions which brought about the unions and child labor laws and a great time to save up to 70% on whatever it is you are shopping for that particular day.
T and I decided to go to the beach.  The sky was clear it was relatively cool and the water temp was a "refreshing" 66 degrees *brrr*.  What I didn't realize was that it was also Bring Your Baby To The Beach Day.  I must have missed that memo.  They were EVERYWHERE!  Not just toddlers digging in the sand with pails and shovels and big droopy diapers (though there were plenty of those too).  No, I mean BABIES, less than 9 months old.  The parents were good, there was sunblock, hats and shade bearing tent-like things.  The kids seemed happy.  But we were surrounded.
The best part was when the gorgeous little girl from the blanket next to us decided to come over for a chat.  She must have been 2 with huge blue eyes and big blonde curls and the most adorable sundress and floppy hat.  She walked right up to us and said "Hi!".  Her father quickly scampered over and redirected her back to her own space and I said to T, "You've got to look out for those cute blondes, they'll get you in trouble every time".  He flipped my blonde curls off of my shoulder and looked into my own blue eyes and said, "Yep, that's what I hear".
*Sigh*
CD7, I took the last of the Femara this morning.  Next week Monday will be the big follie scan.
 

No comments: