March for Babies

Thursday, September 15, 2005

You know that feeling...

when you are 2DPIUI and your right ovary feels like it is under so much pressure that you keep looking at your abdomen because you are SURE that you will be able to visibly see the moment the ovary actually EXPLODES! 
 
Seriously, how bad should it hurt right now?  If I am only now ovulating then the IUI was a waste of $ since I highly doubt those sperm hung out until now hoping to find somewhere to land. (I do not believe that I am just now ovulating since I got a peak on the monitor on Monday, had the hcg shot that day and today I was back down to low on the monitor, so what gives?) 
 
Also, there were only three follicles.  I can't imagine what it is like for those of you who have had follies in the double digits much less in the 20s, 30s or higher. 
 
Added to the ovary pain is the low back pain which is all connected to the ovary pain.  (Gotta love Endo!) I am so thankful I have a massage scheduled for tonight.  I need a little heat therapy on the low back about now.
 
Corpus Luteum breakdown? Maybe. 
Implantation?  Possibly but highly unlikely since this pain is one that I have felt before and .. well ... there have been no prior pregnancies, so, yeah. 
Pain just for the Hell of it?  Sure, why not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that with three follicles on one side, and two on the other, I really really felt my ovaries for a couple of days after ovuation. I think it's the fluid released from the follicles hanging out in your abdomen? Anyway, it doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Hope the massage went well.

Anonymous said...

It's pretty possible/probable that it is a corpus luteum cyst combined with a little bit of fluid. Pretty common after stimulation. Not comfortable either. Drink lots of water. Not gatorade!!!!!!!!! And here's some more exclamation points to make it clear!!!!!! Gatorade is full of sodium which makes ovarian post-stimulation pain worse. Water will most definitely help though. Massage.... ahhhhh, what a wonderful thought.