March for Babies

Thursday, February 16, 2006

True Love

So being that Tuesday was Valentine's Day people have been talking a bit about non-traditional ways to show love and be romantic.  I did not think that I had much to add to the conversations since T had a dozen roses, two heart shaped balloons and a heart shaped box of chocolates delivered to my office.  He is not expected to do this, I would not be mad if he did not do this, he does it because he knows it makes me happy, it makes me smile.  It would make me smile any day of the year, he just always does it for Valentine's Day, the day we got engaged.  I have had the same Valentine since 1989 and I wouldn't trade him for the world. 
This all sounds sappy and ridiculous and I am sure you are all rolling your eyes in disgust, but bear with me.  I was just now cleaning out the "Sent" folder in my email and found this from February of 2004 when I was battling bronchitis.  I wrote to my friend:
True Love is when you're coughing (again...still) in the middle of the night and you can't stop and you feel like you're going to choke if you can't draw in a breath and you're about to get up so as not to disturb the guy sleeping next to you when he scooches over and puts his arm around you because he knows how awful you feel and doesn't want you to leave.
 
Awwww!  *Sniffle*  I love that man!

No comments: